Finomial is looking for a data scientist that will help us improve our understanding of the data patterns across wide range of forms and documents, and model data appropriately in hedge fund, private equity, and other business domains.
Company Website: https://www.finomial.com
Notice Period: 60 days max
- Collaborate with product design and engineering to develop an understanding of business needs.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems based primarily on TEXT PROCESSING of documents.
- Process & cleanse data, verify data integrity, and identify relevant data from a corpus of Forms/Documents used for analysis.
- Ad -hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner. This may also include data modeling.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Maintenance of the data analyzer tool built according to the changing industry needs.
- Experience using statistical programming languages such as Python or R is preferred though we recognize some less common expertise may also be applicable (e.g., C# with ML.NET). The goal is high-accuracy text processing and pattern identification across volumes of documents, so if you can do that, comes talk to us.
- SQL Database (can you query a database? can you create a basic database schema to model a solution?)
- Data Visualization (can you help us understand the data?)
- Working with unstructured data (documents by their nature are not structured, but we are trying to overlay a structure with high confidence)
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (e.g., NLP, clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.), their real-world implementation advantages/drawbacks, and hands-on experience in apply at least one in a professional setting.
- Programming experience invoking Web APIs is a plus but is not required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with emphasis on product development.
- Intellectual curiosity and tenacity to work through challenges with novel solutions.
- Communication Skills, including ability to keep stakeholders updated with progress and roadblocks.
- Team-first attitude
- Self-starter who can manage time, potentially working for periods with low supervision and offer solutions to business problems.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in the field of data science.
- Experience working in a software development organization is a plus, but is not required.
- College degree (at least BSc) in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Natural Science, engineering, or other challenging and rigorous academic background.
- Advanced degree MSc or PhD is a plus, but is not required.
Curated Job: We send your resume to the company, and also do a follow-up to get you shortlisted for the interview. Companies contact you directly for the interview process.